Questions mothers should ask themselves in preparation for children’s diets recommended by the authorities
1. How many of these have you tried (cooked, raw or in another form)?
- Carrot juice
- Brussels Sprouts (or spring greens)
- Tomato Ketchup
- Burgen soya and linseed bread
2. What has hard water got over soft water?
3. What benefits does Burgen bread have over ordinary brown and white varieties?
4. Why do strictly orthodox Jews not consume pig meat and derivatives thereof?
5. Why do we celebrate Christmas and Thanksgiving with a slaughter of birds and small animals while on the other hand we revere them and cuddle them to our breast?
6. Can we do without cows’ milk or milk from any animal and avoid the use of exploited cows and their calves, eg by using Alpro products? See our recipes.
7. Do you believe in blood tests and other methods to follow, and if necessary correct your child’s progress?
8. Do you heed experts’ warnings on the effect of sunlight on the skeleton and skin?
9. Do you recognise voluminous services offered in bread wrappers and cartons full of print? Do you understand the details that manufacturers offer customers and do you take full advantage of them?
10. Do you recognise a field of rape seed and linseed and what they are used for?
11. Do you patronise restaurants with Scores on Doors by which environment offices assess hygiene measures (1-5; 3 is acceptable, below 3 is dubious)?
12. Some foods are recognisable as acids and bases. How is the acidity measured? Some foods are recognised to give toxic gases in the colon which should be balanced by some cereal products, eg the antidotes. Hydrogenated sulphur compounds eg methionine from poutry.
13. In discussing digestion, the digestive gases generated from certain foods deliver more offensive gases and smells, eg vegetables but mainly meat and dairy products.
14. What should you do if the child eats re-cooked rice?
15. How would you store meat in the refrigerator?
16. How would you distinguish off-colour meat from fresh meat?
17. Where do animals come from?